New Guide Pads Grade and Design
for Deep Hole Drilling Tools
The guide pad series for deep hole tools is being expanded with a new IC928 grade and double chamfer feature.
The IC928 grade has excellent chipping resistance and coating adhesion by using its own
cemented carbide base material which prolong life by suppressing sudden defects, especially in a
water soluble environment and exotic materials.
The double chamfer at the edge of the guide pad helps smooth entry into the machining hole,
prevents premature wear, reduces the risk of guide pad damage, and improve surface finish by
minimize the risk of scratching hole surface.
Suitable for all deep drilling families - Tri-Fine, Fine-Beam, UNIDEX (STS/DTS)
- New grade IC928 offers outstanding fracture resistance in oil and water-soluble environments
- Adopting a double chamfer greatly reduces the risk of chipping when entering a machined hole
* Double chamfer feature will also apply to other existing grades in the future
Guide pads are subject to wear, like inserts
- Each guide pad can be used on two sides. When the first corner wears out 70% of the width, reverse the guide pad to use the second corner.
- Replace with a new guide pad when the second corner wears out.
Wear on the 1st corner
Reverse and use the 2nd corner
For higher wear resistance
- High wear-resistant grade
- Suitable for various workpiece materials
- Long tool life due to unique substrate and coating
For higher fracture resistance
- High fracture-resistant grade
Deep Drilling Solid Carbide Guide Pads
*DC- Double Chamfer
The NPA 009-2020's PDF file: View (PDF)
or Download (ZIP)